Friday, 26 January 2018

Fentanyl


"It seemed to me I hit the lottery, and decided, WHAT THE HELL, let's do this motherfucker...

I wake up in the hospital with a syringe of saline in my right arm, in a nurses gown, hair smelling of vomit, and the absolute worst chest pain I have had. I fall asleep.

I am woken by a nurse offering me water. It turns out I had overdosed on both substances and had to be taken by paramedics.

I get a call on the hospital phone from S, my boyfriend, crying and telling me how my lips were blue and how he had to do CPR on me until the paramedics arrived.
Well, that explains the chest pain."

     -- "I Wake Up in the Hospital"
https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=110284



"I found an empty 100mcg fentanyl patch after seeing one in my mom's trash bag the other day and decided to chew it up. I cut it up into four equal sized chunks and began chewing. I noticed the familiar warm fentanyl drift feeling. I put a pizza in the oven and sat down to pet my dog as I felt waves of warmth shoot up my hands and feet.

The next thing I know I'm waking up to a paramedic's face and flashlight inches from my face, a bag valve mask literally pumping life back into me with a tube down my throat. My ears rang, I was completely deaf and confused, I went into and out of consciousness on the way out to the ambulance and breathing became a conscious effort for me.

Luckily it was christmas eve and my parents walked in about 30 minutes later to find me dead on the floor. Not breathing, no pulse. My dad administered chest compressions and I'm not sure why I'm not in a coma or dead right now. Instead I'm sitting here typing to you a little over 24 hours since it happened. My dad saved my life, no doubt."

     -- "I Died on Christmas Eve"
https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=98718



"I am writing to express my freedom of speech; to inform and educate. On July 16, 2003, I found my 18 year old son in his bed, he had died in his sleep. Much to my shock after reading his computer entries, he and his friends had been experimenting with many of the drugs that he found listed on this website, but DXM appeared to be his drug of choice. It appears through the information left behind on his computer and the autopsy report, that on the night that he died, he had mixed DXM and Fentanyl. This was a talented and intelligent young man with many artistic gifts, but with many questions about life. I feel that he had carefully studied and calculated, but there are no guarantees. I want other kids to know that a fatal outcome is a very real possibility; it may happen the first time, or after several successful and uncomplicated trips. There were no warning signs; no chances to help. I grieve every day for this very tragic loss and want others to know that their choices affect them and the people who love them."

     -- "Mom"
https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=28810